Cydia Impactor is a GUI tool for working with mobile devices. It packs a lot of features but is stillin a state of development. It is developed by saurik. You can use this tool to install APK files on Android and IPA files on iOS. It also can help you exploit the series of Android “Master Key” vulnerabilities.
Cydia Impactor is an application for Windows, Mac OS,and Linux to install IPA files on iOS and APK files on Android devices. Please note that APK files will only work on Android such as IPA files will only work on iOS. Cydia Impactor download iOS has now been updated to digitally sign any IPA file [.ipa ] e.g. Phantom for Extensify,Panguetc. and then downloading and installing it onto your iOS device via a side loaded app.
Before you use Cydia Impactor to sideload any app, not just the jailbreak, here are a few things you should know first.
- If you are using either Windows or Mac OS, you need to have iTunes (new version) installed for this tool to work.
- You need to have a valid Apple ID so that Cydia Impactor can side-load the certificate for the app.
- If you use a free Apple ID, the license expires every sevendays, and you need to repeat the process of side-loading each time.
- If you use an Apple ID for a paid developer account, the certificate won’t expires for 12 months.
- You do not need Xcode installed to use Impactor (even for features such as signing IPA files).
How to Download and Install Cydia Impactor on Windows, MAC OS X and Linux
If you are looking to get Cydia on iOS 10,then this tutorial will come in handy. Internet connection on your iOS device is however required.Follow these steps carefully to download and use Cydia Impactor on iOS 10.
Download File for MAC OS X
File for Windows
1. First, Download Cydia Impactor [ext link] for Mac or Windows PC.
2. Download the .ipa file for the app you want to install.
3. Plug your iOS device into your computer and backup your data.
4. Keeping your device connected, open Cydia Impactor and wait for it to see your device.
5. Open the location where the .ipa file is saved and drag the file, dropping it into the Cydia Impactor Window.
6. You will now see an Apple ID warning so just click on OK .
7. Now input your Apple credentials or Password and click OK again.
8. It is now time for Cydia Impactor to digitally sign the .ipa file and sideload the app onto your iOS device. Don’t touch anything in your device; provided all works OK, the app will be installed onto your iPhone or iPad [ do not launch it at this stage].
9. First, disconnect your iOS device and open Settings.
10. Now tap on General and then on Device Management.
11. Locate the app that has just been side-loaded and tap Trust [ this will allow the certificate to run; if you skip this step, the app will not work ].
12. Exit out of your Settings app, and you can now use the app you installed on your device. In this case it’s Cydia.
If you are having problems using Cydia Impactor (doesn’t work on your device, crashes or simply doesn’t make any sense) please feel free to ask.